E20. Identify the sentence that correctly uses the indefinite article: University Of Sindh mcqs test

Codes
0

                    

EXPLANATION

E20. Identify the sentence that correctly uses the indefinite article:

a) I need an umbrella for the rain.

b) I need a umbrella for the rain.

c) I need an umbrella for a rain.

d) I need a umbrella for a rain.


ANSWER: a) I need an umbrella for the rain.

EXPLANATION:

The sentence that correctly uses the indefinite article is:

a) I need an umbrella for the rain.

In this sentence, the indefinite article "an" is used correctly before the word "umbrella." The use of "an" is appropriate because the word "umbrella" begins with a vowel sound. The sentence conveys the meaning that the speaker requires an umbrella specifically for the rain.

Option b, "I need a umbrella for the rain," is incorrect because "a" should be used before words that begin with consonant sounds, and "umbrella" starts with a vowel sound.

Options c and d, "I need an umbrella for a rain" and "I need a umbrella for a rain," are both incorrect because "rain" is a non-countable noun and does not require an article before it.

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)