E1. Choose the correct form of the verb to complete the sentence: "I wish I _______ more time to study." University Of Sindh mcqs test

Codes
0

 

EXPLANATION


E1. Choose the correct form of the verb to complete the sentence:

"I wish I _______ more time to study."

a) have

b) had

c) have had

d) will have


ANSWER: b) had

EXPLANATION:

The correct form of the verb to complete the sentence is "had." This is because the sentence expresses a hypothetical or unreal situation in the present. The phrase "I wish" indicates a desire for something that is not currently true or possible. When expressing wishes or hypotheticals in the present, we use the past simple tense (had) to indicate the unreal nature of the situation.


In this case, the speaker is expressing a desire for more time to study, but they do not currently have that time. Therefore, they say, "I wish I had more time to study." Using "have" (option a) would indicate that they currently possess more time to study, which is not the case. Similarly, using "have had" (option c) would indicate that they have possessed more time to study in the past, but not necessarily now. Option d, "will have," indicates a future possibility, which does not fit the context of the sentence.


Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)